Finalists Companies Announced for the 3rd Seattle Angel Conference Start-up Competition
Winner to Receive a Projected $165,000 Angel Investment
SEATTLE, WA. – April 23, 2013 —
The Seattle Angel Conference has announced the finalist companies for its third investment competition. The companies will compete May 16th at the HUB Seattle and the winner will receive an estimated $165,000 angel investment. Tickets are on sale at the early bird discounted rate through May 1st.
This year’s finalist companies were selected from over 40 companies based throughout Washington that applied to compete at the Seattle Angel Conference 2013. A rigorous selection process was undertaken by a group of angel investors to select the finalist companies. An angel investor is qualified individual who provides capital for a business start-up, usually in exchange for convertible debt or ownership equity. In the Seattle Angel Conference case, the investment vehicle is convertible debt. The Seattle Angel Conference introduces new Angels to the process of Angel investing through education and participation.
Each investor staked $5,500 to create the anticipated $165,000 award for this year’s event.
The following companies were selected by the investment team to deliver ten-minute business
FinalistsThe following companies were selected by the investment team to deliver ten-minute business plan pitches:
- Phytelligence – Biotech; Pullman WA (http://www.phytelligence.com) A high-tech provider of genetic services and hard-to-get plants with superior vigor, uniformity and value for commercial growers & nurseries
- Nimia - Software; Seattle WA (http://www.nimia.com) A platform where Premium Media Producers Store, Manage and Directly License Motion Picture Assets.
- Guide Analytics - Services; Bellevue WA http://www.guideanalytics.com
- Daily Dollar Web Services; Seattle WA http://www.dailydollar.com
- Staging and Design Network - Web Services;www.StagingandDesignNetwork.com Online member based home furnishings network with some of the newest features available in the market for it's targeted members.
Shift Labs -
Medical Devices; Seattle WA http://www.shiftlabs.com
Works with Makers and Hackers to build simple, inexpensive,
human-centered devices that improve health and wellness in global markets.
Simple, affordable service that helps people with congestive heart failure stay in their homes - and out of the hospital.